Your New Patient Experience
1) You will have personalized dental care from our dental clinicians, including a careful review of your medical history and medications. Your comprehensive exam includes an oral cancer screening, and the Doctor will look in your mouth to evaluate for signs of periodontal disease, tooth decay and problems with your bite.
2) Periodontal disease is an infection of the teeth and gums, that cause bone to be lost and your gums to pull away from the tooth, creating pockets in the gums. Because you may have no symptoms; we use a visual exam, perio-probing, and imaging to look for it. Red and swollen gums are also signs of early periodontal disease.
3) Digital Checkup Series of Images: Images are necessary to ensure optimal dental care. Without images, we cannot see in between the teeth or under the gums.
4) Digital Images are a form of X-ray imaging, where digital sensors are used instead of traditional photographic film. The advantage of digital imaging for you is that it takes less time and gives off much less radiation.
5) In the absence of gum disease, you will receive your dental cleaning, known as a prophy.
6) To save you time at the office, we have New Patient Forms available to download. Please take some time to fill out our New Patient Forms to bring into the office at the time of your first visit.
7) Please always bring a current Insurance card to all dental appointments.